You are here:
How to write your scheme of delegation
You're required to have a scheme of delegation that shows who does what in your trust's governance structure. Follow our tips on what to include and what to consider when writing or reviewing your scheme. Learn how other trusts have written theirs.
- Clarify the role and responsibilities of all stakeholders
- Have detailed lines of accountability so there's no ambiguity
- Adapt it to your trust
- Create it and review it in consultation with others
- Train everyone up once the scheme is in place
- Writing a scheme: case studies
- Examples from other trusts
- Template scheme for church schools
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.