You are here:
Headteacher appraisal: step-by-step process and templates
Use our 5-stage process for the appraisal of your headteachers. Download our templates and checklist so you know you've got everything covered.
- Check and understand your process first
- Checklist: the full process
- Stage 1: before the review meeting
- Stage 2: hold a pre-meeting with the external adviser
- Stage 3: pre-meeting between the headteacher and external adviser
- Stage 4: headteacher's review and planning meeting
- Stage 5: after the headteacher's review and planning meeting
- Who should see the report?
- Headteacher assessments in light of coronavirus
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.