You are here:
Health and safety duties: overview template and how to comply
Be clear on your health and safety duties as the employer and understand how to fulfil them. Use our overview tool to help you keep track of and monitor your requirements across your trust.
- Your trust is responsible for keeping staff, pupils and visitors safe
- Download our tool to keep track of your requirements, and follow these principles
- Appoint a competent person, manage contractors and train your staff
- Have a policy, statutory risk assessments and incident recording and reporting in place
- Manage asbestos, fire safety and other estate-related responsibilities
- Ensure first aid provision across your trust
- Requirements due to coronavirus
- Use the DfE's good estates management guidance
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.