You are here:
Coronavirus: preparing for potential self-isolation and closure
Under current government guidance, staff and pupils may need to self-isolate, but you likely won't need to close your schools. As the situation develops, make sure you're prepared for any challenges you might face. We're also creating more content to add to the guidance here.
- No current need to close
- Update your contingency plans in case of closure
- Plan to be ready to teach remotely
- Know what sick pay and leave are due to staff who need to stay at home
- Upcoming trips abroad? Stay on top of travel advice
- Use the DfE's coronavirus helpline for specific queries
- Keep an eye on future developments
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides.