You are here:
Taking and displaying pupil photos and information
There are no hard and fast rules under the GDPR specifically on displaying pupil photos or other information, but you must have a 'lawful basis' for using personal data, and seek consent where necessary. Use the advice below to work out how best to manage this in your school.
- Work out your 'lawful basis' for displaying the data
- Follow the data protection principles
- Consider safeguarding risks as well as data protection
- When you won't need consent to take and display images
- When you will need consent to take and display images
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides.