You are here:
A guide to writing equality objectives
You're required to set equality objectives as part of your duties under the public sector equality duty. Whether you're setting these for all your schools, or want your school to adopt different objectives, use our guide for a practical approach to writing them.
- Decide how you want to set them in your trust
- Choose a PSED aim for your objectives to address
- Identify the challenges you have in that PSED aim
- Develop your initial objectives
- Make the objectives specific and measurable
- Examples of SMART objectives
- Publish the objectives (and monitor them)
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides.