You are here:
Academies accounts direction: annual report and financial statements
The deadline to submit your trust's financial statements and auditing documents is the 31 December. Find out about this year's Academies Accounts Direction.
What you're required to do and by when
You're required to:
- Prepare accounts for the financial year ending 31 August - this consists of your annual report and financial statements
- Have these accounts audited each year by independent registered auditors
- Produce a statement of regularity, propriety and compliance
- Get a regularity assurance report on this statement from the auditors
- Submit your audited accounts and auditors' regularity assurance report to the ESFA by the deadline 31 December
- Publish your audited accounts on your trust’s website by 31 January
- File your accounts with Companies House by 31 May
This requirement is set out paragraph 4.4 of the Academy Trust Handbook.
Use the ESFA guidance and model accounts to help you through the process
Use the Academies Accounts Direction document as a reference pack when preparing your accounts and refer to the model accounts on the same webpage.
As part of your financial statements you're also required to
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.