You are here:
Avoiding the pitfalls of MAT expansion
Adding schools to your MAT without a clear sense of purpose can lead to monetary loss, reputation damage and school rebrokerage. Use this article to help you avoid these pitfalls.
- Be clear on your vision and how a new school fits in
- Build capacity in advance of need
- Prioritise relationships with staff at ALL your schools
- Focus on accessibility, rather than distance
- Standardise your operational systems
- Balance both Ofsted and the ESFA
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides.